COVID-19 Information for Businesses
Information from the South Dakota Department of Health
The Department of Health is again reaching out to you to get information to businesses to assist with mitigation strategies to stop the spread of COVID-19. The information includes:
Updated guidance from CDC and OSHA about safe practices;
Employee screening tools – if businesses have not already implemented an employee screening process, it is highly recommended they do so. Employees who fail the screening process, should be sent home and follow the steps on the document “Preventing the Spread of COVID-19 if you are sick”; and
General information/signage for businesses.
As always, there is a host of information available on the covid.sd.gov website as well as the CDC website, including materials in other languages. If businesses have not already done so, the DOH would also encourage them to reach out to any national associations that might have information specific to their industry.
Finally, the DOH will be hosting a Zoom meeting sometime mid-week next week to provide general information specific to businesses to facilitate safety strategies in their business. Once the details of that call are finalized, the DOH will pass that information on.
· Interim Guidance for Implementing Safety Practices for Critical Infrastructure Workers Who May Have Had Exposure to a Person with Suspected or Confirmed COVID-19
· Prepare your Small Business and Employees for the Effects of COVID-19 / Top 10 Tips to Protect Employees’ Health
· OSHA Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
EMPLOYEE SCREENING TOOLS
· Symptom Checker
· Daily Screening Log
· Prevent the spread of COVID-19 if you are sick (to be used if employee is sent home)
· Stop the Spread of Germs
· Symptoms of COVID-19
· Stay home if you are sick
· What Should I Do? Infographic
· How to protect yourself and others