#SoDakSHRM2020 Conference Update
Plans are still underway for the 2020 SoDak SHRM State Conference scheduled for Wednesday, August 5 – Friday, August 7, 2020 in Watertown, SD. The conference planning committee has been working closely with the Watertown Event Center, who is following social distancing and CDC guidelines for all meetings and events and taking extra precautions to ensure that guests and Event Center staff are safe.
Some of the things you’ll notice as precautionary measures at this year’s conference include:
- Room sizes will be adjusted to accommodate spacing requirements. Chairs will be distanced 6’ apart and tables adjusted accordingly.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available at the entrances, beverage, food and snack stations.
- All snacks will be single serve or individually wrapped and bottled water will replace water on the tables or water station.
- Buffets will no longer be an option – all meals will be plated.
- Event Center staff will wear gloves when setting beverage/snack stations.
- When an event is finished, and after a room is cleared, staff will use a sanitizing fogger so the space will be clean and ready for the next group and will also be used at the end of each day in common guest areas, bathrooms, and entrance areas.
- Disinfecting spray will be used on entrance touch areas and door handles.
- Attendees are encouraged to wear masks, but at this time, masks are not required.
We know these are uncertain times in our nation and our world, but we hope you’ll consider joining us for this conference as we begin our return to normalcy.
Early registration deadline is June 30, 2020, so sign up today at https://www.sodakshrm.org/conference.
We hope to see you all in August!